Packing Travel Tips by MyrtleBeachPhotography.com
We know this is a stressful time trying to get yourself and your family ready to travel. Here are some helpful tips to save you time and possibly your mind. Remember to Like and Share with friends)
Book Your Family Beach Portrait at 843-236-5403 or MyrtleBeachPhoto.com
1. Bring a Travel clothesline- It is great for hanging wet bathing suites
2. Make a packing list 2 weeks prior to your vacation-You will remember things as the weeks pass.
3. Pack a reading light and earplugs-You never know when the family wants to sleep and counting sheep is not working for you.
4. Bring your own pillow or at least pillow cases to cover the hotel pillows.
5. Bring extra carry bags-They are easy to pack and great for outings.
6. Pack old t-shirts and underwear that you were going to throw away or donate. They are great for the beach and you can just throw them away to make room for all the new stuff you are going to buy.
7. If traveling with a pet, pack your pets a toy and a blanket with his/her familiar smell.
8. Pack dark shirts because they show stains less.
9. Roll and never fold. It will save you tons of space.
10. Hang a door shoe holder over the back of the car seats. The kids can put their favorite things in the slots, where the shoes go, to keep them occupied during the drive. It can hold crayons, games, phones, toys and other fun stuff. When you get to the hotel, hang it on the back of the hotel door to help keep hotel room neat.
11. Stick to comfortable neutral shoes that can go from the beach to dinner.
12. Roll things that wrinkle in tissue paper. It helps!
13. Compression bags are the best. You can find them at the dollar store. You will be amazed how much you can pack.
14. Keep your liquid items separate and in a waterproof bag. Go buy a box of gallon sized Ziploc bags.
15. Purchase a weekly pill dispenser to pack your medication to save space.
16. Bring a large garbage bag for each person to put their dirty clothes in.
17. Different sized Ziploc’s can help you keep things separated and organized. You can put your separated items like hair bands, soaps, shampoos, medicine, etc. in your baggies and place them in your shoe rack you will have hanging in the bathroom.
I am also including a packing list I found online. (enlarge, right click and print)