Your family portrait session lasts a few hours, but you’ll want to hold onto the pictures forever. Unfortunately, statistics show that many families take big risks with their memories…by simply not knowing what to look for when choosing a photographer. To help you select a photographer who will make your portraits one-of-a-kind, try these suggestions:
• Interview several photographers. Ask questions about their styles. Most photographers offer either traditional, posed portraits or a candid photojournalism style. Some offer a combination. Because many of you are from out of town, make some time to call several studios and simply talk to the photographer to see if they make you feel comfortable and if they can answer all of your questions.
• Look at samples. The internet has made this very simple. Google Myrtle Beach Photography or Myrtle Beach Photographers and go down the list looking for the style that most fits your needs. Usually the first page of photographers on google are the most popular. Look for the organic listings. These are the listings that are not paid ads and that google finds their content important. Paid ads may have (Ad) beside the listing or are in a shaded area at the top of the page.
• Develop a relationship. Look for a photographer who you are comfortable with. Remember, you are not hiring someone to simply take pictures, but to capture that perfect family portrait.
• Communicate. Make sure the photographer has a clear understanding of your expectations. Take the time discuss the services provided and the fees involved. This helps avoid any future misunderstandings.
• History. Photographers come and go, especially in the Myrtle Beach area. They are here one summer and gone the next. Ask during the interview process how long they have been in business. This will help determine if they are going to be around when it is time to complete your package.
MyrtleBeachPhotography.com or Call 843-236-5403