1. The Move Shag: It was the Summer of 1963. Carson (Pheobe Cates) is getting married to her boyfriend so her friends Melaina (Bridget Fonda), Pudge (Annabeth Gish) and Luanne (Paige Hannah) take her to Myrtle Beach for one last irresponsible weekend. Filming Locations were Myrtle Beach, Florence and Georgetown.
2. The Shag: a popular dance, reportedly born on OD (Ocean Drive) originated during the jitterbug-era of the 1940s.
3. Sports Illustrated Magazine: A popular sports magazine that was started in 1953 our own Pine Lakes Golf Club.
4. Alabama: Famous Country Music band that went on to be world-famous. These good ole boys started out playing for tips at Myrtle Beach’s famous Bowery.
5. Vanna White- Wheel of Fortune sweetheart was born in Conway, South Carolina, not North Myrtle Beach as stated on the site. Her mother and stepfather, Herbert White raised her in North Myrtle Beach.
6. Kelly Tilghman- is a Golf Channel on-air personalities, and currently serves in several roles with the network. She works as a host for Golf Central and Live From. Tilghman grew up in North Myrtle Beach, S.C., where her family owned and operated a golf course for 22 years. She earned a scholarship to play on the Duke University women’s golf team