• The total number of photos on Facebook is 10,000 times more than the total number of photos in the U.S. Library of Congress, which document U.S. history since the beginning of time. (Crazy, right?)(source: iStockphoto)
• It’s estimates that on a whole, humans have taken over 3.8 TRILLION photos. Wow. To put it in perspective, the national debt today is 16.7 trillion.(Source: Buzzfeed)
• James Clerk Maxwell, a Scottish physicist, created the first color photograph in 1861. He photographed a tartan ribbon three times, using a red, blue and yellow filter, and combined the three images into the final color composite.(source: National Geographic)
• If you’re doing the Internet dating thing, here’s a tip for you: In terms of getting new messages, the MySpace shot (When the camera is placed above your head at an angle to take a myspace
picture) is the single most effective photo type for women. Men’s photos are most effective when they look away from the camera and don’t smile.(Source: OkCupid)
• Which side of your face do you consider to be your best? A study by Kelsey Blackburn and James Schirillo from Wake Forest University determined that the left side of your face are perceived and rated as more pleasant than pictures of the right side of the face, possibly due to the fact that we present a greater intensity of emotion on the left side of our face.(Source: Science Daily).
• Every 2 minutes today we snap as many photos as the whole of humanity took in the 1800s.
• In 2012, 37% of the images in the US were captured using camera phones, but by 2015, that number is expected to be 50%.
(Source: National Geographic-April 2013)