With the Zika Virus concern, there are things we can do to help protect ourselves. There is no doubt that being outside on vacation we are going to encounter insects. That being said, the best way to protect yourself from these pesky creatures is to use bug spray when out and about. Us southern girls have been told our whole lives that Skin So Soft is the best defense against insects. Now there is another solution, Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil with Aloe Vera and vitamin E. It is good for the skin, keeps bugs away and the Aloe and Vitamin E is also good for sunburn. So, don’t forget to pack your Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil.
Now a little about Zika: The CDC has issued an alert for travel to areas where Zika virus is spreading. Travelers who are pregnant or considering pregnancy should consult a doctor.
There is no need to panic because Zika is very rare with less than 1,000 US cases per year. Only your Dr. can diagnose Zika with lab tests. Zika spreads through insects. In most cases, there are no symptoms. In a few cases, Zika can cause paralysis (Guillain-Barré Syndrome). Pregnant women should be especially careful as Zika has proven to cause birth defects.
Symptoms include fever, rash, joint pain, and red eyes. There’s no vaccine or treatment. If you are diagnosed, you should rest, drink lots of water, and take acetaminophen for fever and pain. Do not take Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen. Zika spreads
by animal or insect bites or stings.
According to DHEC, there has only been one reported case of Zika in South Carolina at this time and that was because the person had traveled to a location where Zika is spreading. According to DHEC there is no risk to public health
These helpful hints are just that. Always check with your Dr. for medical advise.
Myrtle Beach Photography enjoyed photographing this sweet family. Thank you Barnes Family. Call today to enjoy a family beach portrait 843-236-5403 or live chat on our website www.MyrtleBeachPhoto.com
Congratulations to this lovely couple. All the best and thanks for being valued customers. Call today to surprise your sweetie with a surprise proposal at 843-236-5403 or live chat on our website at www.MyrtleBeachPhoto.com
Packing Travel Tips by MyrtleBeachPhotography.com
We know this is a stressful time trying to get yourself and your family ready to travel. Here are some helpful tips to save you time and possibly your mind. Remember to Like and Share with friends)
Book Your Family Beach Portrait at 843-236-5403 or MyrtleBeachPhoto.com
1. Bring a Travel clothesline- It is great for hanging wet bathing suites
2. Make a packing list 2 weeks prior to your vacation-You will remember things as the weeks pass.
3. Pack a reading light and earplugs-You never know when the family wants to sleep and counting sheep is not working for you.
4. Bring your own pillow or at least pillow cases to cover the hotel pillows.
5. Bring extra carry bags-They are easy to pack and great for outings.
6. Pack old t-shirts and underwear that you were going to throw away or donate. They are great for the beach and you can just throw them away to make room for all the new stuff you are going to buy.
7. If traveling with a pet, pack your pets a toy and a blanket with his/her familiar smell.
8. Pack dark shirts because they show stains less.
9. Roll and never fold. It will save you tons of space.
10. Hang a door shoe holder over the back of the car seats. The kids can put their favorite things in the slots, where the shoes go, to keep them occupied during the drive. It can hold crayons, games, phones, toys and other fun stuff. When you get to the hotel, hang it on the back of the hotel door to help keep hotel room neat.
11. Stick to comfortable neutral shoes that can go from the beach to dinner.
12. Roll things that wrinkle in tissue paper. It helps!
13. Compression bags are the best. You can find them at the dollar store. You will be amazed how much you can pack.
14. Keep your liquid items separate and in a waterproof bag. Go buy a box of gallon sized Ziploc bags.
15. Purchase a weekly pill dispenser to pack your medication to save space.
16. Bring a large garbage bag for each person to put their dirty clothes in.
17. Different sized Ziploc’s can help you keep things separated and organized. You can put your separated items like hair bands, soaps, shampoos, medicine, etc. in your baggies and place them in your shoe rack you will have hanging in the bathroom.
I am also including a packing list I found online. (enlarge, right click and print)
Summer solstice 2016: Today is the longest day of the year
Monday June 20th
If it seems like this day will never end, there is a reason for that. Today there is more daylight than any other day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
Today has the most daylight of any day this year north of the equator (Alaska will have 24 hours of daylight today (The Midnight Moon)
Look for a Full Moon on the Longest Day of the Year. First time this has happened in a Very Very Long Time.
The Days Get Shorter After Today
Everyone on Earth Experiences the Solstice at the Same Time. (The summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere occurs at the exact same time the winter solstice occurs in the Southern Hemisphere.)
Just Because it is the Longest Day, Does not mean it is the Hottest Day
Some of these facts provided by NASA
Photo Credit: Teri Halterman